Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Fulfilling End, A Challenging Beginning!

Hello friends!!!

It's the beginning of a new month, and let me say that the past month has been very eventful!



Since starting this blog, I have learned more about myself and the world than I ever did in all the introspection that I did in my life. I never thought that keeping a new year's resolution would be this hard and fulfilling as well.



So what has happened to me the past 31 days of the year?

I lost weight. FINALLY.



I was 197 lbs on this post about my weight, and when I checked yesterday, I now weigh...

drum roll please...

188 LBS!!!



I adjusted the weighing scale several times, and even asked my mom to read the scale for me and it really is true!!!
Now that I've proven that I am not a lost cause, I know that I can lose more weight and actually get fit.
Now I can also get to wear the clothes I like, and not just because those are the only clothes that fit me.
I know there is still a lot of work to do, but I also believe that the hardest part, starting, is now over.



I've also been looking for a job.



I still haven't found anything, but the fact that I have actively sent out resumes, emails, and even talked to friends about it is a good thing for me.
I like earning money the way I do now, but it's still better to have a secure career that will lead to a secure future.
Anyway, I'm already working my a$$ off in school for a good post when I pass the FSO exam, so I know it will be worth it. :)

Hmm, with boys though...



HAHAHAHA.



It's the same old story with me.
If you have read my previous posts about being forever alone, my bad decisions and even being tipsy...
I haven't really had that much luck on the area.
But the thing is now, I'm actually fine with it.
I still have to come to terms with being this single monstrosity (?) but at least now, I don't really care anymore.
If he will come, he will.
And while he still hasn't found me yet, I'm gonna play with all the boys who want to play with me. ;)



I've also learned to give up and let go.
I know that no matter how I like, or even love someone...
If he doesn't feel the same way... It will never work out.
That is probably the hardest thing that I had to accept, because being rejected is one thing...
But to still run after the people who push you away is a whole other level of stupidity.

There are other things that happened the past month,
Some not as happy as others, but I'm still glad it happened anyway.



Papa FINALLY quit smoking.



I'm sad to say that it happened because of a very traumatic point in our life, but am happy nonetheless.
Family is really important, and this lesson I will take to my grave.


The Metro Manila Toastmasters Club has been so good to me, and I have learned so much from them as well.
I thought public speaking was just a game, until I joined Toastmasters.
Now I know it is an art, a never ending maze of improvement and mastery.



I also met great friends and mentors in this club.
I am happy to have found a wonderful set of people to learn from and learn with.
It definitely beats going to clubs for me, because Monday nights are now my gimmick nights. :)

Hopefully soon I get to be like the veterans of our club. ;)
Anyone interested to join Metro Manila Toastmasters Club? Visit their facebook page or message our president, Mica Carino! We will surely be glad to have you!

I am very happy and GRATEFUL for everything that has happened to me this year.



I never really thought of how LUCKY and BLESSED I am until I started this blog.


More than that, I am really THANKFUL for all you readers out there, from all over the world. :)




Whether you are my friends,



Enemies,



Twitterfolk,



9gaggers,



Or just unfortunate souls who were tricked into clicking my link...



THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! :)



I will do my best to post more religiously, and give you entertain you the best that I can.

Now I'm done with all the drama, it's time to face FEBRUARY!!!

Though the shortest month of the year,
I feel like this is the longest time for me.

But this year, instead of feeling defeat and despair,
I will face the love month with COURAGE AND HOPE!!!

Haha it may sound too much... But it's true for me.
February has always been a month of drama for me, boyfriend or no boyfriend.

But this year, it's different.
This love month, I will prove just how much I love myself and the people who love me.

...

Plus I got a date with Carlos Celdran too!!!

Will definitely blog about that. :)


February also means I got two months left and I will officially be off the probationary list in UP Diliman.
Oh dear, I do hope I pass my subjects.
Gotta study study study!!!

Some other things before I go:
Thank you to Heejin and Ilyong for the Korean treats!
It was like Korea Appreciation day in our last class!!!



Learning International Studies is more fun with International Students :)

I am happy to *ehem* inspire *ehem* other people through my blog..
Like my good friend Rheena for instance!

I know it's in Filipino, and some of you might not understand, but if you translate it, I know the message wil get across.
It's one of the most heartwarming reads for me. :)

Visit her at: http://godlovemusiclife.blogspot.com/

Once again, thank you so much for reading my blog!
Follow me on twitter for more crazy! @maccerpacker
If you follow me, please do tweet me! I reply ALWAYS!!!
I would like to get to know my readers better. :)

Any comments? Suggestions? Violent reactions?
Please post them on the comment section below!
I would love to know what you think about this blog. :)

Stay tuned for next time!

Your ilusyonada,
Maccer

No comments:

Post a Comment